Role: Development Manager
Employee type: Full-time
We are looking for an experienced Development Manager with a proactive and hands-on approach and a real desire to architect cutting edge development solutions across our clients.
You will have come from a development background and you will have led teams of developers (both junior and senior). You are likely to have had a technical architect element to your background. You are probably looking to make your next step up the ladder in your career.
Our web development team specialise in Microsoft technologies. Experience of delivering mobile development solutions is a requirement for this role. We have our own bespoke platform which requires ongoing development. Experience of other platforms is required – ideally this would be Kentico.
You will have full responsibility for developing the service offering in line with industry updates, new trends and technology diversification and taking the team along with you. These elements will help to drive pipeline and resourcing accordingly whilst making sure that the team is consistently utilised.
You will work closely with our commercial team in a pre-sales capacity looking at technical scoping for work prior to it starting ensuring clarity and consistency between us and our clients, and will also be a key contributor in pitch situations.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Leadership, management and strategic consulting abilities gained from working across different clients
- Web solutions design and development
- A demonstrable experience of recruiting, managing and motivating technical teams with experience of a coaching style of management
- Understanding development infrastructures, application, security and build processes and deployment
- A desire to be part of the pitching team to win and develop new business
- Experience of working collaboratively with internal and client teams as well as 3rd party suppliers
- You’ll be a strategic thinker, natural problem solver with experience of helping a business to broaden and diversify their development offering
- Strong interpersonal skills; numerate and literate with excellent communication skills
- The gravitas and credibility to build relationships with executives at all business levels
- Understanding of delivery methodologies – waterfall, agile
- Understanding of hosting environments – azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience of building scalable application architectures
- Technical skills and experience:
- .NET core
- .Net framework
- ASP.NET 4 with MVC 3 -> 5
- Entity Framework 4 -> 6
- Microsoft SQL server
- Angular.js (1.x)
- Grunt/Gulp task runners
- JIRA, Bitbucket and Bamboo
- DevOps Workflows
To apply please send your CV and cover letter, with the answers to the below, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please describe your web development experience. Please describe any knowledge you have of other digital channels. Please give your salary expectations.
Apply for the Development Manager job role with Fresh Egg