This online training session will give you a live walk-through of the GA4 interface. We will show you how to customise the standard reports and navigation and find the trusted metrics and dimensions you are familiar with using.
Training conducted by:
Graham Marsh: Analytics Director
Sam Dunkley: Technical Web Analyst
2hr 15 min
Google Analytics 4 (GA4) launched in October 2020. While it may not replace the current version of Universal Analytics (UA) any time soon, it offers many intelligent, advanced features all digital marketers and business owners should be making use of today. In this introductory training course, we will briefly touch on the new data model and how it differs from UA before taking a closer look at the new reporting interface, its features and quirks.
During a live walk-through in the GA4 interface, we will show you how to customise the standard reports and navigation and where to find the trusted metrics and dimensions you are familiar with using.
We will also explore how to interrogate data correctly in its new structure and learn about the exciting new features and functionality added to GA4 since its launch.
What attendees will learn:
- Learn why you should be using GA4 today, alongside your current UA configuration.
- What is GA4’s event-based data model, and how does it differ from UA?
- A walk-through of all the key reports in the new interface.
- How to customise the user interface of GA4 – navigation and reports.
- Where to find trusted and familiar metrics in GA4.
- Which metrics have been deprecated, and how to use the new engagement metrics?
- Building segments and marketing audiences in GA4.
- Building custom reports relevant to your business objectives.
- Using the new Explorations reports: free form, funnel analysis and user journey analysis.
- Data limits, sampling, and the benefits of exporting raw data to Google BigQuery.
Complete the form to access the training session