Position: CRO Lead
Location: Hybrid working (remote-based - occasional office attendance for meetings – London/Surrey)
Salary: On application
Hours: Full-time (35 hours)
About the opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, creative and strategic Conversion Rate Optimisation (CRO) Lead to join one of our clients in the charity sector.
We’re looking for someone who knows how to manage CRO and is passionate about creating a sector-leading programme.
As someone with a keen interest in sector and market developments, you’ll be working with the Head of Digital Marketing, ensuring the CRO strategy aligns with the organisational strategy at all times.
The role requires you to report key findings, results and opportunities to Heads of Departments within the Engagement and Income Generation directorate. You will work with the departments to create and refine the test strategy across the key digital products, building better supporter relationships and increasing engagement, conversion, and developing our marketing activity.
As a CRO lead, you will be an analytical thinker with experience using Google Optimize and Google Analytics. You will have a solid understanding of what makes a good user experience. You will act with the Digital Experience Manager to prioritise and ensure you take the right opportunities maximising investment to improve performance across KPI’s.
What's in it for you?
You'll have an opportunity to work for one of the largest charities in England and Wales.
The client values and recognises employees' contribution and are proud to offer an extensive benefits package that includes:
35 hours standard working week, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays increasing to 30 days with service; a generous pension scheme with associated life assurance and group income protection scheme; access to private healthcare scheme; support for professional development after qualifying period and access to our employee assistance programme.
Hybrid workers will split their time between primarily working from home, with attendance in the office expected for occasional meetings, as defined by the role's requirements. This trial will be for a period of 6 months.
Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic, we will be holding interviews through Google Hangouts. For any part of the recruitment process requiring an onsite visit, a full assessment will be carried out to ensure everyone's safety.
We strongly believe in being an innovative, diverse, and inclusive organisation and recognise that diversity in all of our people will help achieve that purpose and our mission more effectively. We actively encourage and seek applications from a wide diversity of candidates and in particular welcome applications from minority ethnic, black, and candidates with disabilities, who are currently under-represented at the organisation.
What you'll be doing
- Ensuring that appropriate learnings from CRO activity feedback into the organisation. Pivoting the CRO activity when required to meet changing organisational needs
- Developing the maturity of the CRO programme and team involved to improve performance via management enhancements (e.g. by increasing velocity) or new activity (e.g. personalisation)
- Coordinating the effective development of the solutions from ideation and design through successful development and launch
- Developing and managing production brief documents to track all elements of split test builds and ensuring test set-ups in a robust, reliable and efficient way
- Ongoing evaluation of web analytics data to understand where there might be issues/opportunities and where optimisation efforts should focus
- Creation and maintenance of a test plan, test roadmap and project plan detailing CRO activities to schedule all stakeholder input in advance (including third party support when required)
- Experience in CRO and a proven track record in running successful experiments on either agency or client-side
- Excellent knowledge of how to manage CRO programs from gathering insights, creating test briefs, managing the development of split tests and running post-test analysis and refinements
- Fluent in web analytics to understand user behaviour & performance across all channels
- Experience in gathering insights from qualitative sources, e.g. user research techniques
- Full understanding of approaches to split testing and the processes involved in successful delivery
- Experience in setting up split tests in CRO tooling ideally in Google Optimize & Google Analytics or experience in other similar, e.g. VMO, Optimizely, Monetate or ABTasty.
- Confident in identifying and testing new technologies and practices to improve conversion rate performance, free growth, consumer engagement and delivery against key metrics
- Organised and methodical in setting up new processes to streamline testing cadence
- Experience with research tools including HotJar, CrazyEgg, Zarget or other similar tools
Apply for the role
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to discuss this role further, please apply below or contact us at email@example.com for an initial conversation.
Apply for this CRO job role