What is Digital Impact?
At the heart of Digital Impact is the open-source package CausalImpact, developed by Google for estimating causal effects in time-series data. It seamlessly integrates with the Google Analytics and Google Search Console APIs, as well as manual data uploads, to create a range of measurement opportunities.
Digital Impact works by analysing a response (the activity you're measuring) and control series of data points, such as clicks or conversions, then constructing a Bayesian structural time-series model which is used to predict what would have happened if the activity hadn't taken place.
For example, if you want to know whether your site migration is a success, Digital Impact can compare post-migration performance with forecast performance based on pre-migration data to give you an accurate picture of its impact.
We use Digital Impact to measure a range of digital activities, including the impact of:
- Changing page titles has on organic sessions
- Site migration on visibility
- Structured data on CTRs from Google
- Enhancing on- and off-site content on sessions
- TV and offline advertising on brand search volumes
- Page speed optimisation on user engagement
- Adding and removing content from a page
Book a free demo of our award-winning Digital Impact tool