We're an intelligent, friendly bunch who love helping our customers with their challenges - are you going to join us?
It's our nature to put our people first
People to learn from, caring people and people full of ideas (not to mention they can bake a mean cake). We therefore, look after our staff and we’re all rewarded with, amongst other things:
- Early finish every Friday - the weekend starts at 3:00pm
- Input into our company goals – we are all asked for our opinions on where the company should be headed
- A structured training program - built around you, your personal development plan and skills aspirations
- Regular social events (to suit everyone) – quiz nights, escape games, barbecues, D&D, team get-togethers and our infamous Christmas party
- Workplace flexibility – tell us what suits your lifestyle
- Future thinking - enhanced pension contributions, critical illness and death in service packages
- Wellbeing support – financial wellness sessions, a wellness guide, employee savings and cycle scheme access as well as activities and an in-office gym
- Support for families - Enhanced maternity and paternity packages
- A structured induction program - We make sure we give you everything you need to learn about the different functions across Fresh Egg to hit the ground running
Our core values
Without our amazing people, there's no Fresh Egg. It's a privilege to work alongside such fantastic talent, sharing ideas, knowledge, helping one another and learning - It's what makes us.
Lee Colbran, Co-founder
About the role
Location: We're really flexible, tell us how you want to work
Salary: Tell us about your salary ambitions
Role: Permanent, full-time
Fresh Egg is looking for a User Research and CRO strategist to fulfil a vital role in the delivery of user testing and other user-centred and data-driven projects. This job role is an excellent opportunity to join an award-winning agency, establish your career in this field and learn from experienced professionals while working across a varied and exciting mix of clients.
The successful candidate will sit within the conversion services team and will report to the User Research Director. Working closely with the broader team and with clients to define and deliver user research projects, support impactful conversion optimisation strategies, and support the growth of the service area within the agency.
This role requires a user-focused individual, a team player, well organised, with close attention to detail, who is prepared to build trust through hard work, effective communication and a desire to learn and continually expand upon knowledge in this subject area. We don't expect candidates to know or have done it all; Fresh Egg is a supportive environment where continuous learning and teamwork is actively encouraged to ensure we get the best results.
You'll need to have a passion for delivering exceptional experiences to users, but you'll also appreciate the value of using real user feedback and data to support your ideas. You'll need to be prepared to experiment and learn. You don't see blockers where others might - you see opportunities to innovate around them.
What you will be doing…
You’ll work WITH our clients (not for them) and be supported by a fantastic team of user research specialists, conversion specialists, account and project managers, digital consultants, designers and developers. You’ll work to analyse, understand and solve user problems and realise client objectives.
User research/User testing
You’ll talk to real users to gather real user feedback and use analysis to ensure unbiased and balanced insights.
- Uncover the ‘why’ behind a usability or conversion issue evaluating and validating user experiences
- Deliver generative research for new digital product solutions
- Assist with and conduct qualitative research activities such as manual (heuristic) UX reviews, user testing, card sorting, tree testing and user feedback surveys
- Review and analyse qualitative data to help build a complete picture of a user experience and to enable relevant and impactful solutions
- Conceptualise and design (wireframe or rough mock-up) proposed solutions that meet the criteria of the hypothesis, taking additional input from clients and internal Fresh Egg teams where relevant
You’ll conceptualise solutions, split test them and report on how awesome your ideas proved to be.
- Interrogate data, user behaviours, and audience needs to build an accurate picture of performance
- Pool results from research to construct informed and high-quality hypotheses that recommend solutions to remove specific conversion blockers and/or enhance persuasive signals
- Use in-depth knowledge of target audience groups, their motivations and fears to construct optimised journeys from the first touchpoint to conversion and beyond
- Work with designers, developers and account directors to implement experiments and overcome and resolve complex web development challenges
- Refine and develop optimisation strategies in line with client goals and changes in their environment
- Review various quantitative data to help identify where customers are experiencing usability or conversion blockers
- Prioritise split testing hypotheses by analysing and scoring them against various criteria
- Monitor the progress of tests, interpret their results and draw additional critical insight from them by analysing the deeper segment data following test completion
- Create test briefs that communicate all aspects of a test to the client and the design and development teams involved
- Communicate and agree upon the technical solution with developers and with the client
- Set up robust split tests using a testing platform and carry out quality assurance testing
- Report to clients and internal Fresh Egg stakeholders on the progress and results of experiments, providing clients with accurate and understandable information and reports
- Demonstrate commercial awareness to leverage the most relevant methodology for the client’s specific objectives
- Maintain and develop client relationships to meet/exceed KPI targets
Experience and skillset
- Experience working in an online or digital role (agency or client-side)
- Experience in qualitative data capture techniques, such as user testing, site surveys, stakeholder interviews etc.
- Evidence of user testing projects, gathering real feedback about online user experiences
- Understand the core principles of UX and CRO and how they can be applied to web properties to improve performance
- Experience with web analytics tools and ability to draw insights from data
- Data analysis and data manipulation skills, e.g. using MS Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organisation
- Self-motivated to deliver high-quality work in a fast-paced environment
- High attention to detail
- Analytical, yet creative
- Passionate about the industry, willing to learn and actively keeps their knowledge up-to-date
- Comfortable communicating complex technical solutions to a mixed audience with varying levels of understanding
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics
- Experience in creating innovative and elegant web solutions to resolve conversion issues
- Knowledge or experience in using a testing platform to run conversion tests
- Experience and involvement in website development projects
- Experience in interpreting conversion test results and using them to make sound recommendations
- Experience in working with businesses of various sizes, including national or international
- Experience in presenting pitches/proposals and reports to internal team and clients at all levels of seniority
Learn about recent new team members
Apply for the User Research and CRO Strategist job role