Why people give
Download our FREE white paper, a must-read on what fundraisers can learn from economics, psychology, and behavioural science.
Want to improve your fundraising efforts? Read our white paper, which summarises the most important research on charity fundraising and shows how marketing teams can apply it.
In the white paper, you'll find insight on:
- Imperfect altruism - we explain why people give and why it matters.
- Charitable motivations - learn what makes donors care and the five levers of charity.
- Social levers - discover how groups shape behaviour and why donors rely on social cues.
- Mental accounting - see how donors think about money
- The burden of proof - why you need to demonstrate what donors expect to see
Meet the author
Written by Senior CRO & UX Strategist Stephen Courtney, this white paper takes a unique and interesting look at what makes people give to charities.
Charities rarely get time to ask themselves, "what makes someone donate?" Not only is it a fascinating question, but the answers can make campaigns and website designs much more effective. This white paper shares insights gained through hundreds of A/B tests, years of audience research and countless published studies to help the good guys get their message across.
Stephen Courtney, Senior CRO & UX Strategist