Digital Marketing | 4 MIN READ
2021 seems to have gone faster than any other year, with world events continuing to impact our personal and working lives in a significant way. We have published a wealth of content throughout the year to provide additional knowledge, learning, and inspiration across various digital marketing topics. We know that many of you have had a busy year and may not have always been able to take the time out to read, watch or listen to some of what we have published. Therefore, we wanted to summarise our output in case you missed something and allow you to catch up.
We hope that you have found something of interest from our published content throughout 2021. We're busy planning our schedule for 2022 and look forward to sharing more fresh thinking in the new year.
Lee Colbran, Co-founder
Our written content
Our blog has been a lively place, with a mixture of advice, tips, news about our people and some more thought-provoking content.
Digital thinking points
These articles cover some of the broader, key topics within digital, including some related to how we've adapted to different ways of working.
- Stop listening to your customers at the expense of your brand experience (BX)
- Why customer experience journey mapping needs' big data' to succeed
- The pros and cons of a year of remote user research
- What it's like starting a new job remotely, and tips for remote starters
- A hat wearer extraordinaire? That's your multi-talented account manager!
- Working Remotely? The Psychological Impact of Video Calls
- The importance of feedback from clients and staff
- How to Sell Insurance to Irrational Customers
- Teams and Slack kept us in touch, but there is no substitute for being together!
- Behavioural Insights and Marketing: Why you should use them and who is doing it well
- CMO Opinion: The importance of strategic levers for digital success
- Our Digital Marketing Predictions for 2022 - What Does the Future Hold?
Digital marketing growth and transformation
These articles are focused on helping you grow and transform your team or organisations digital marketing activity.
- How we help a business review its digital marketing activity
- How to design the perfect Customer Experience using COM-B
- How to recruit the best digital marketing talent for your in-house team
- Measuring ROI in SEO
- 7 ways to optimise your content creation process
- Resources and tips to improve your content writing
- How to start tracking data in GA4 in five easy steps, and why this matters
- GA4 Frequently Asked Questions
- The Trials and Tribulations of Data Analysis with GA4
- Five ways to improve your charity CRO programme
- Five ways to supercharge your insurance A/B testing program
Team member interviews
- Introducing Melissa Waters, our Head of Client Services
- Stephen Jones reveals all about his role as Senior SEO manager
- Our Senior SEO manager James Wardleworth talks about his journey from being a digital marketing apprentice
- Introducing David Beeston, our Head of Product Services
- Introducing Jo Pettett, our Head of Project Delivery
- Welcome back, Hans! An interview with our returning Conversion Services Director
- Meet our new Content Manager, Lucie Sadler
- Interview with Account Director Cath Foster, a Client Services superstar
- Meet Stephen Courtney, our brilliant new CRO and UX Strategist
- Meet Mike Fawcett, our fantastic new Conversion Services Director
- Meet Adam Ward, our brilliant new Senior Project Manager
- Meet Ornella Mignella our new SEO Manager
- Meet Tom Burnett, our terrific new SEO manager
- Meet Dan Jackson, our super new Front-end Developer
- Meet Emma Couling, our brilliant new Head of Recruitment Services
- Welcome back, Jules. An interview with our returning analytics-mad Strategy Director
- Welcome Sophia, our fabulous new Senior Project Manager
Our live events
With face-to-face events still being limited across the industry, we continued with our online events programme, plus added a new type of learning – Fresh Thinking Bitesize.
Fresh Thinking Webinars
We broadcasted two live webinars this year – one focused on a key topic for the charity sector and one aimed at providing digital leaders with some specific advice about working with agencies.
You can rewatch the webinar recordings and read the summary of the key questions and answers.
Fresh Thinking Bitesize
We know that many of our clients are time-poor, and sadly their learning time gets neglected, so we decided to launch a series of 'bitesize online training sessions. These were just 30 minutes long, including 20 minutes of a Fresh Egg specialist presenting a topic and then follow-up questions from the audience.
Rewatch the sessions below.
Fresh Thinking Training sessions
As well as our shorter online sessions, we also ran longer in-depth sessions (around two hours) attended by clients and contacts from a range of other organisations. We delivered training to over 300 people in 2021 and have more great sessions planned for 2022, so keep an eye out for our emails or on our social channels.
The sessions were recorded and then sent to the attendees, but these will give you an idea of what we delivered:
- An introduction to SEO
- An introduction to CRO
- An introduction to User Testing
- An introduction to Content Strategy training
- An introduction to Strategic Thinking for Digital Marketing
We run a schedule of training sessions on a range of digital marketing topics that we can deliver directly to your team or organisation. Please browse the list and let us know if we can help you with your digital skills training.